This post was originally published on December 17, 2013
In trying to reconcile my beliefs and grain, I began testing the effects of organic grain in a personal experiment. I figured I would put up a mid-experiment update.
I and two other family members have gone through about twelve pounds of wheat since I started this. I’ve listed the foods I’ve eaten along with link to their recipes below. So far the scale has given me no reason to believe that eating products made from freshly ground, organic whole wheat are going to cause me any weight issues. My weight this morning was the same as it was when I started, and there’s been no change in my exercise regimen.
Maybe the people that claim wheat isn’t even really wheat are on to something.
- Irish Brown Bread November 22, 2013
- Not one I’ll make again
- Biscuits and gravy on November 25, 2013
- Pancakes November 27, 2013
- Kids claim they were the best pancakes they’ve ever had
- Crackers November 30, 2013
- Crackers December 5, 2013
- Pancakes again December 6, 2013
- Ginger Snaps December 7, 2013 (substituted molasses for the sugar)
- December 8, 2013. Having not gained any weight thus far, ate pizza from a pizza shop. Weight was up 2.4 pounds thirty-six hours later.
- Started the day with two Whole Wheat Blueberry Donut Muffins on December 14, 2013.
- I consumed another big batch of the crackers above on December 15th, 2013